A common complaint of anxiety disorder patients is their uncertainty about the future. This worry always invades their thoughts and does not allow them to rest physically or mentally. This disorder should not be confused with depression. Depression occurs when a person loses interest in the normally enjoyable activities of life. They tend to become more laid back in their approach and have suicidal thoughts.
Types of Anxiety and their symptoms:
In the last 15 years of its discovery, many developed economies like England have identified the potential loss incurred due to this ailment. But what are the different types of anxiety? The anxiety disorder therapist Sheffield community have classified the types of anxiety cases that have come to record as of today such as:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder occurs when you have constant recurring thoughts on many topics and/or people such as family, career, money, lack of time and many more
- Phobias are characterized by fear of a single item such as heights, water; spiders closed spaces
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder when certain activities like counting, cleaning and other routine tasks are repeated more than the regular times
- Panic disorder symptoms include episodes of a sudden rise in fear accompanied by physical symptoms such as shortness of breath, headache or migraine attacks
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or PTSD happens when a person has repeated recollections of a painful memory that has traumatized him/her in the past and is doing so in the present as well
- Social Anxiety disorder when patients are not comfortable around other people.
Therapy not medication:
Medication goes only as far as addressing the symptoms of anxiety. Anti-depressants, pregabalin and other prescription drugs only serve as a band-aid solution. Cognitive Behaviour therapy, Exposure therapy, Havening therapy, and Systematic desensitization address the root cause of this ailment- your thought pattern. Through a series of talk based therapies and positive reaffirmation, you can identify and escape the energy-sapping thought process that triggers the anxiety. Coupled with a healthy diet, meditation, and exercise, these therapies promise you a better result