Usage of steroids has become a popular trend due to its ability to increase muscle growth and physical performance within a limited period of time. Steroids are able to give such desired results by altering certain function of the body. Prolonged use of such steroids may cause long term damage to the body. Hence there is a need to have a PCT period (Post Cycle Therapy) to remove the harsh chemicals and steroids that have built up in the body.
PCT has two Purposes:
- It will ensure athletes keep the muscle gained during the cycle.
- It helps to prevent the post cycle crash that would strip away some of the hard earned muscle.
Even though Anavar is rather a mild anabolic steroid, it is still important to follow a post cycle regime in order to avoid any negative consequences. The cycle for Anavar will vary based on the dosage each individual is taking. There are two different methods.
The traditional two weeks on and two weeks off cycle: This cycle involves taking the prescribed Anavar dosage for two weeks and then stopping the intake for the next two weeks.
Constant six weeks on taking 3-4 weeks off cycle: In this cycle, Anavar is taken continuously for six weeks and then taking 3-4 weeks off at the conclusion of it before starting back up on the drug.
The main reason ma bodybuilders believe that they do not need to run an Anavar PCT cycle is because Anavar is mild, even though it is true, however if Anavar is taken for more than three weeks, the testosterone production comes to a halt and an PCT helps in reviving it.
What is a Good PCT for Anavar?
Regardless how mild the drug is,following through a quality PCT cycle is always recommended. The off cycle period should always be a time to free the body from the stress of having processed the steroids. It is best to avoid usage of any additional supplements during the cooling off period. Taking health supplements such as fish oil might be helpful to repair the damage caused by the steroidMany body builders use Anavar as a bridge between two different, harsher steroid cycles, always caution must be taken while using this method. Even though Anavar is mild and the liver can easily process it, still there is a need to have a PCT period to give the body the necessary time to clear the harsh chemicals.
Aspects Involved in PCT
- The Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Testicular Axis, or HPTA, for short gauges and controls the natural production of testosterone, usage of Anavar causes disruption to this system and causes too much production of estrogen. An effective PCT will keep the estrogen production in check.
- PCT will prevent the testicles from atrophying and from suppressing testosterone production.
- After a steroid cycle, the body tends to be left in a hormonal imbalance in which estrogen tends to raise. If a person decides to use a testosterone product, the body will tend to produce more estrogen, to keep up with the increase in testosterone. However, once a post cycle therapy, will ensure the estrogen levels to normal.