Traffic collisions, even the milder ones, result into severe impact on the unprotected body parts of drivers and passengers, inflicting major to minor damages. Traffic accidents often cause the bones to break. Whether it is a minor fracture or a major one, you should seek immediate medical attention and consultation with an eminent lawyer from Khan Injury law firm. Immediate medical treatment will help you recover earlier whereas legal assistance will guide you on your way to financial recoveries.
Types of Broken Bones
Fracture in bone is not similar in all cases.
- Minor or Closed Fracture: These don’t cause open wounds.
- Compound Fracture or Open Fracture: Such fractures inflict damage on skin and create an open would that is vulnerable to infection.
- Complete Fracture: Breaking of bones into two pieces
- Incomplete Fracture: It refers to a fatal crack that does not cause the bone to break all the way.
- Hairline Fracture: A narrow crack in bone
- Displaced Fracture: It is a complete fracture causing misalignment of both sides of the bone or either side of it.
- Compacted Fracture: It is caused if two broken pieces of bones get into each other.
- Comminute Fracture: It causes bones to shatter into small pieces.
Some common broken bone problems affect the following body parts:
- Legs and Arms
- Hands & Fingers
- Feet & Toes
Broken bones involve some common complications as follows:
- Avascular Necrosis
Any pain, swelling, deformity or loss of mobility could be a symptom of broken bone and you should immediately visit an orthopaedic to prevent further complications and ensure early recovery.
Treatment for Bone Fracture
If you have fractured a bone, proper treatment should start at the accident site. You must not try to move yourself or anyone who has broken his/her bone until arrival of the first responder. You must resist yourself from doing anything that could aggravate your injury or even inflict another injury. A person, who has suffered an injury from an accident, must stay calm and safe and allow others to do the necessary things like informing police and a nearby hospital.
Treatment for broken bone depends on several factors including the type of the fracture, age and overall health of the injured. You must consult with your doctor in regards to the treatment plan that may involve
Depending on your injury, age and health, the doctor may recommend any of these or a combination of treatment.
Legal Right Protection & Financial Recovery
Even if there is 100% chance of your full recovery, you should consult with an injury attorney. Medical expenses for your injury-related treatment, loss of wages and other costs could severely impact your financial life and add to your mental anxiety. Physical injury is easy to prove but that is not the case with mental pain and suffering. Therefore, you should take a concrete action against the at-fault party and claim the right amount of compensation from the person.