We all know that fungal infections can affect any part of the body and any age group. It might be quite surprising to hear this but human body consists of some fungi naturally. Just like the good bacteria and harmful bacteria, fungi are also classified into two and they are good fungi and bad fungi. If these fungi grow in our body, then it results in infection. Most of the people generally experience nail fungus.
This nail fungus generally begins like a white or yellow spot under your toenail’s tip. If this infection becomes worse than your nail may become thickened and discolored. If the problem is mild then you need not have to worry much about it. However, if you are experiencing pain in your fingers due to this fungal infection then you should definitely contact a foot specialist.
We have so many foot specialists these present days across the world. However, all of them may not provide the best treatment to their patients. Hence, we should make sure that we do our basic research before approaching any foot specialist. This foot specialist is nothing but a podiatrist. If you are looking for the best treatment for this problem then your best choice would be Dr. Sima Soltani.
She is the best podiatrist Orange County since many years. In fact, almost all patients whom she has treated were very much satisfied with her treatments, especially the toenail laser treatment. This Orange County Podiatrist also do not charge much from her patients. Call to the Sima Soltani Podiatry Office for appointment.
Some of the symptoms that you may experience with this problem include light foul smell at your infected nails, whitish to brown or yellow nail discoloration, distorted nail shape etc.
Some of the risk factors for this problem include –
- Having problems like diabetes or immunity disorders.
- Walking barefoot.
- Sweating heavily.
- Nail injury.
Here are some tips for you to prevent this problem.
- You have to make sure that you stay away from the artificial nails and nail polishes as they can cause severe damage to your nails, which might lead to infections.
- It is very important to wash our hands and feet regularly to prevent this problem. If you are already suffering with the nail infection then you should wash your hands properly if you touch the infected area. Otherwise, this infection might spread to the other parts of your body.
- Choose the shoes which are made up of breathable materials. Wearing tight shoe or using the shoe which are made up of non-breathable materials can also result in this kind of infections.
- Stop wearing your old shoe for a long period of time. In fact, try to change your shoe for every one or two years. If you cannot afford for it then clean your shoe with a disinfectant at least once for every 6 to 8 months and use it.
Do follow all the above tips without fail to prevent such problems! Stay happy and healthy by making small changes in your lifestyle!