This post will provide you with all the information regarding getting a new connection of NBPDCL (North Bihar Power Distribution Company Limited) and making the Bihar electricity bill payment. NBPDCL is a PSU controlled by Bihar Government. The company was formed under section 14 of the electricity Act of 2003 on November 1, 2012, after the dissolution of the Bihar State Electricity Board.
How to get a new NBPDCL connection?
- Go to the official website of NBPDCL.
- On the left side of the opened window, you will see a menu list. From that menu list, select ‘New connection.’
- Under the menu ‘New connection,’ select ‘LT New Connection.’
- After reading the instructions carefully, click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- To apply for a new NBPDCL connection, keep a scanned copy of address proof, identity proof, and photo of an applicant ready.
- You can use any of the given documents as identity proof– Ration Card, Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving License, PAN card, Voter ID, any card issued by Government including below poverty line card.
- For address proof, you can use a Ration card, Aadhar card, voter ID, gas connection Card, Passport, driving license, gas connection card, bill issued by government landline connection, and photo identity card that is issued by any Government agency.
- Fill in the details asked in the online application form and upload the needed scanned documents to the relevant section. After reading the declaration form thoroughly, click on the Submit button.
- When you submit the form, you will get a temporary registration number along with the order number and the application amount.
- Now keep the temporary registration number and order number saved for future use.
- Once you submit the Application fees, your form will be submitted.
- To pay the amount, click on the link provided. Fill out the details and click on the confirm payment button.
- You will find a new popup showing the payment gateway page. Choose the payment option and make the payment.
- You can now get the updated transaction detail at the portal by choosing the print receipt option from the left side menu and entering the Temporary Registration Number.
- After your application form is accepted, you will get an email and SMS regarding the security deposit submission and supervision charges.
- You can also determine the status of the submitted application after clicking on the ‘New Connection Status’ link given in the Menu Section.
Once you get the connection, you will get your first NBPDCL bill, depending on your usage. To make your NBPDCL bill payment, you can either directly go to the bill payment section of the NBPDCL website or use a third-party platform like Airtel Payments Bank. Third-party platforms like Paytm, Airtel Payments Bank make electricity Bill payment very simple. For NBPDCL bill payment, you just have to fill out your basic details on the Airtel Payments Bank website, under the pay electricity bill tab, and select North Bihar electricity company. Complete the bill payment either directly paying from the bank account or using UPI or card.