Examinations are an inevitable part of every student’s academic life. They are an integral part of the learning process. Moreover, the results showcase the measurement of the learning curve of the students. Thus, students must take up exams seriously as the results play a direct role in determining their future studies and professions.
Like other educational boards in India such as ICSE, IGCSE and State boards, CBSE also conducts board exams for classes X and XI and is the most opted board by students for education. These examinations are important checkpoints for every student as the marks scored decide the choice of the educational institution and course for a bachelor’s degree.
The first step towards preparing for any exam is getting to know the complete syllabus. For CBSE board exams, students can refer to NCERT Syllabus available for both classes X and XII. Having a thorough knowledge of the syllabus is essential as it prevents students from missing out on scoring crucial marks on an exam day. Thus, it is vital to be well prepared over all the nooks and corners of the syllabus for a greater chance of scoring higher marks.
The board examinations are right around the corner, and students nearly have a month before they appear for their first or second major public examinations. Most of the students would have already kick-started their preparations for all the subjects, or framing a study plan is in progress. To help students plan and schedule their preparations within a month, reading this article will be beneficial.
So, here are a few tips and tricks on how to prepare effectively for the board exams in a month:
- As discussed earlier, the first and foremost tip is to get to know the complete syllabus for the exam.
- Secondly, ensure that students have suitable study materials for learning and practising problems. It’s advisable to stick with one or two reference books while preparing. Please avoid referencing a lot of books as it leads to confusion and is such a waste of time.
- Make short notes or colourful mind maps of the key concepts, formulae and derivations whenever important and utilise them for quick references or even revisions.
- Frame a proper study routine wisely by allocating more time for difficult subjects. It is suggested that students begin with subjects that they are good at and wind up with the difficult ones. This boosts their confidence throughout their preparations.
- It’s important to make the study plan a realistic and achievable one. Effectively utilise the time every day and ensure not to skip the study routine.
- Incorporate time for revision. Make use of the prepared notes/concept mind maps.
- Ensure to solve the previous years and sample question papers. By doing so, students become familiar with the exam pattern. Besides, this provides an opportunity for students to self-analyse their mistakes that are committed and can focus on those areas to strengthen their knowledge.
- It’s imperative to eat healthily, sleep adequately, stay hydrated, often exercise and keep a calm mind throughout the phase of preparations.
For subjects like Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry require a lot of practice to attain a firm grip over the subject. Students can utilise NCERT Solutions for referring to the solution of any exercise problem of NCERT textbooks. These solutions are precise and are presented in a stepwise manner using simple language following the latest CBSE guidelines. Moreover, highly experienced subject experts have created these solutions and are made available in online and offline formats.