Eggs work as a must-ingredient for many cakes and desserts. It is believed that eggs add more binding to the solid and dry ingredients in the cake, making it moist. However, many eggless desserts carry the same texture. People usually replace eggs with alternative ingredients. We are bringing to you four such recipes that will taste perfect even without eggs. Let’s begin.
- Christmas Fruit cake
This is one of the hit recipes in the winter season. You can safely chuck the store-bought fruit cake and prepare one at your home.
150 ml Aerated Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
100 gms Butter
½ cup (75 gms)Sugar
1 tin (400 gms)Nestlé MILKMAID
2 cups (200 gms)Maida (All Purpose Flour)
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Dalchini (Cinnamon) Powder
1/3 cup (50 ml)Warm Water
½ tsp Jaiphal (Nutmeg) Powder
1½ cups (150 gms)Chopped Dry Fruits
- Preheat your oven to 180° C. Heat sugar in a pan until it becomes brown. Add some warm water to make caramel syrup and put it to rest.
- Sieve maida, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg 2-3 times. Then, sprinkle 1 tbsp maida on the chopped dried fruits to coat them.
- In a bowl, mix Nestlé MILKMAID and softened butter.
- Now comes the most important part- folding. Fold in the dry sieved ingredients alternating with caramel syrup and aerated soda. Add the coated dry fruits and fold them carefully into the batter.
- Grease a cake tin with butter or oil and dust with maida.
- Pour the batter into the tin and bake for about 45 minutes at 180° C or until the cake rises.
- Once it cools down, loosen the sides and transfer into a plate. Cut into pieces and serve.
- Eggless Chocolate Cake
Kids or adults, everybody drools over a creamy chocolate cake. It becomes all the more special when you find an eggless chocolate cake recipe to prepareat home easily and quickly.
100 g Butter
1 tin (400 g) Nestlé MILKMAID
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tin (100 g) Nestlé MILKMAID
4 tbsp Cocoa Powder
175 g Maida (Flour)
50 g Butter
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
3-4 tbsp (25 g)Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Soda Bicarbonate
200 ml Aerated Soda
- Preheat oven to 180⁰ C.
- Sieve cocoa powder, maida, baking powder and soda bicarbonate in a bowl.
- In another bowl, add softened butter, sugar,
- and Nestlé MILKMAID. Mix vanilla essence.
- Fold in the maida mixture and aerated soda one after the other to the butter mixture. Lightly grease a baking tin with oil or butter and dust with flour.
- Pour the batter into it and bake for 40-45 minutes or till a toothpick comes out clean.
- While it cools, beat someNestlé MILKMAID, butter, and cocoa powder well. Microwave for 20 seconds; mix well.
- Spread it over the cake and serve.
Make your happy moments happier and celebrate with these yummy eggless desserts.