One of Indonesia’s best diving sites, Bunaken Island (Pulau Bunaken), is very popular with divers worldwide. The Bunaken Marine Park is not only loaded with marine resides, but it’s also mesmerizing for its clear transparent water. It comprises the islands of Manado Tua, Siladen, Mantehage, Nain, and Nain Kecil.
List Activity That You Can Try There
- The primary issue to do here is to dive! You have 20 dive sites to select from where you can expect to enjoy many hard to locate marine residences. Beware that some partitions are steppes and current may be strong and surprising in a switch.
- Snorkel in many of the websites above, if diving isn’t your thing, you will be pleasantly thrilled that there are many marines also residing in the shallow place.
- Hiking to many secluded areas is potential, but paths aren’t well marked, so please check with the natives.
- Dolphin and whale watching can be ordered alongside dive trips. You may employ a boat privately with this.
- Simply unwind on the beach and relish the beautiful sun, waters, and also the end.
The Ideal Time to Visit
Indonesia is becoming a tropical climate of just two seasons, wet and dry. It’s ideal for visiting during the rainy season to maximize your marine visibility. The dry season is from May to September. Remember, though, this would be the peak season having a bunch, and it might become scorching in the day.
The Places You Can stay
Many people decide to remain at Manado and also make day trips to Bunaken Island, but if you have enough time, staying around the island is well suggested. There are many resorts and dive resorts to select from, and if you are into diving, then it’s the best approach to explore the sea.
Among the most well-known hotels here is the Bunaken Cha Cha Nature Resort, a luxurious villa by the sea with its own private beach. Diving may also be arranged from here. For those on a budget, Bunaken Kuskus Resort is an excellent beachfront resort using a homestay touch.
Fly into Manado and then take a ship to Bunaken, which requires approximately 45-60 minutes. You might arrange a boat with your resorts. Otherwise, a public boat that leaves daily (except Sunday) at around 2-3 pm from Manado to Bunaken. Catch the public boat at the north of the Manado marketplace. It prices 25,000 Rp one way for overseas travelers while 10,000 Rp for local travelers. You may return using the boat too through the Bunaken village jetty at around 8-8.30 am.
Get back to Manado and then head west, for instance, the world-famous diving site Raja Ampat or onwards into the most amazing Maluku Islands. Else head south to the Togean Islands for more diving opportunities.
Take note that there’s a Marine Park charge of 50,000 Rp per day (or 150,000 Rp annually if needed). Please cover dive resorts, dive resorts, or shops wherever related and make your pass that could be checked from time to time.
Whether your journeys lead you to a long stroll on beaches, delightful cuisines, relaxing spas and resorts, or urban attractions, additional research will give you the most satisfying experience for your visit. Get to know more about Bunaken by visiting Wonderful Indonesia.